Applications of the LI system
Supplying large amounts of power over long distances for infrastructure and industry.
Modern infrastructure and industry depend on a supply of electrical energy that is safe, flexible, reliable, and efficient. The LI system is the right solution to these requirements. For example, a high degree of protection, a high short-circuit rating, and low voltage drop ensure
optimum operational reliability combined with maximum personel safety and efficient operation.
The flexibility of its tap-off units and a compact design support efficient planning and installation as well as a cost-effective infrastructure. Furthermore, as part of the SIVACON 8PS and TIP portfolio, the LI system contributes to integrated and future-proof solutions.
The busbar trunking system for power transmission and distribution in infrastructure – e.g. in multi-story buildings – and in industrial applications:
• Reliable and easy to install
• Reliable and safe operation
• Load tap-offs up to 1250 A
• Tested connection to distribution boards (type-tested connection to SIVACON S8) and transformers
• Design verified in accordance with current standard IEC 61439-1/-6
• Design verified connection to SIVACON S8 switchboards in accordance with IEC 61439-1/-2
• Guided installation and removal of the tap-off units with disconnected position
• High degree of protection IP55 for power distribution with tap-off units, and IP66 at every hook and bolt connection
• High short-circuit rating to enable safe operation even during faulty conditions
• Low fire loads to reduce damages in the case of fire
• Fire barriers tested in accordance with European Standard EN 1366-3
• Fire resistance of 180 min in accordance with IEC 60331
• Low weight and high rigidity with aluminium housing